ONE NOTE CLASSROOM NOTEBOOK GUIDE
1. Whether at home or school - Log in to your HHS Office 365 Account (use deskstop icon or use the instructions to the right)
2. Click on One Drive.
3. Click on "Shared With Me" You may have to click on the three lines by Office 365 - in the themed border - to see this folder
4. Click on your class notebook.
5. Click on your name
6. Click on edit in OneNote which puts the notebook on the computer you are using rather than working on it in the cloud. It is easier to use this way.
WORK ON ASSIGNMENTS IN YOUR NOTEBOOK
1. Always click on your name to display the units.
2. Select the appropriate unit and the appropriate assignment
3. Begin working in the document.
***IF you cannot work on the document - you are in the content library so be sure to switch to your notebook by clicking on your name.
4. Your work will automatically save when you log out of your notebook.
WORK ON ASSIGNMENTS NOT ALREADY IN YOUR NOTEBOOK
1. Open the Content Library and click on the document you need to work on.
2. Right Click and
select "Move or Copy."
3. Select your notebook by clicking on the plus sign by your name.
4. Select the section you want to move it by clicking on it.
5. Then Select "Copy,"
6. You then go into your notebook (click the green arrow on the far left to get to it) and then go to the section and the document and begin to work on it RIGHT IN ONENOTE!!
7. It saves automatically, so you can just close your notebook when you are finished working with it.
SAVING EXCEL/WORD/ACCESS/ADOBE WORK OR SCREEN CLIPPINGS TO YOUR NOTEBOOK
1. The easiest and most efficient way
IF YOU ARE FINISHED WORKING is to select
File - Print - Send to OneNote 16 - Print
2. The OneNote icon will start to flash in you Task Bar at the bottom of the screen.
3. Click on the plus sign by your name and then click on the section in the notebook you want it saved to.
4. This saves it as a Printout so you just have to go and rename it.
IF YOU ARE NOT FINISHED WORKING IN EXCEL/WORD/ACCESS OR ADOBE AND WILL NEED TO FINISH::
1. Copy the document/spreadsheet and paste it into the proper section of your notebook. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR FORMATTING!
2. Save the document to your desktop, documents, Dropbox or OneDrive.
3. Open up the section in your notebook and insert it as an attachment.
4. You can then reopen it to continue working on it but you will have to reattach you or print it to OneNote when you are finished to keep your notebook up to date.